4/16/10

Forgive me Bloggers, I have sinned.

I had the very best of intentions. I have never done super well when I go on vacations. I have tried but I always gain a little weight. I was very active the whole 5 days I was away, but the eating did not go down how I would have liked it too. I ate super healthy the first day.

But it was all down hill from there. We were on the go, good food was everywhere and I had very little will power. :-/

It all started on the afternoon of Day two... they served brownies for dessert and I was hungry! I had one, and it seems from then on all I wanted was simple carbs. I know when I am not very focused on my eating things go bad. I did not drink enough water, I did not get enough fiber, I did not eat enough fruits and veggies, and I ate too many simple carbs.

The next problem was that I was so stressed out about the loss of control and weight gain on the trip that I ate badly for an extra two days. For exactly 7 days I was carb crazy. I felt like such an addict. As I was eating mac-n-cheese (An old favorite) my hubby looked at me and said "You are off the wagon huh?" I was quick to say NO! I am back on track tomorrow, but I knew I was making dumb choices and should have stopped right then and there. I am not sure how much I have gained because I have not weighed myself since Tuesday when we got home. I have been afraid. I can't stick my head in the sand any longer. I am going to weight myself tomorrow morning and report back to you. I keep praying, hoping, wishing that it is not as bad as I think. So its back to trying to get the excess sugar and carbs out and healthy fresh food in. I have my whole next week planned which is half the battle. *Sigh*

7 comments:

  1. Simple carbs seem to do it for so many of us ! You eat one and before you know it , it seems like we turn into crazed addicts ! Combine those with creamy and sweet, and it's even worse. Good news is, it's a new day and we can start again. In my own experience it seems a heavy does of fresh fruit that I love makes an easy transition back to a healthy way of eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang those freaking simple carbs! I have been a little "out of control" the last few days. I like what the incredible shrinking family said... Eat Fruit. I am going to give that a try tomorrow. I need to get my body back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i had this blog that i used about a year and a half ago, and i'm using it again. i had your blog linked on mine, and i remember reading yours back then. i haven't looked at it since sept 08, until today, and wow! you look great!

    i haven't gone through your blog to see what has been going on but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vacations are so hard! But I'm sure once you get back into your own schedule at home you'll get right back on that wagon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. vacation are super tough. You're right though, you're not off the wagon, you've just gotten down to get the blood back into your butt and now you're right back up there, sitting tall and proud! You've done so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's important that you don't stress about it too much, cause lets be honest. If you're a stress eater, you're only sabotaging yourself into eating horribly again. Forgive yourself for the vacation mishap, be happy for all the yummy stuff you did eat and just move on from there I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgive you? Of course. As if we all haven't done exactly the same thing at one point or another.

    One of the things I love about blogs is that they give me a great sense of the long view of losing and/or maintaining weight. Every loss blog I've read has posts like this. It happens. But even though in the short term it's frustrating, in the big picture, you're still ahead of the game. You're still making the right choices almost all the time. And it's still giving you positive results.

    Next time you go on vacation again you can strategize a bit differently, but for now it's time to look ahead and move on. Because overall, you're still doing great!

    ReplyDelete