3/17/08

A Stomach Bug...a Blessing in disguise?

March has been a pretty rough month and to top it all off I caught a horrible stomach bug on Thursday that lasted about 48 hours. It was one of the worst illnesses I have had in quite sometime and don't wish this bug on anyone. However when I hopped on the scale on Saturday morning and saw I was 10 pounds lighter I thought it may have been a blessing in disguise. Of course I knew that I had mainly lost fluids (Not eating for two days helped too!) but psychologically it still made me feel good. (Insane, I know) Well, after I got hydrated today I still weighted about 8 pounds lighter. I think this is the perfect head start I needed. I feel recharged and have planned out a week of healthy foods and exercise. I don't welcome being sick, but hey, whatever it takes to get me back in the game.

6 comments:

  1. Agreed, whatever it takes!
    Keep up the good work and keep those 8 pounds off and add more to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwww... I've got it now.. it started yesterday. I suppose I should hope it's what's going to bring me under 300, but I'm eating saltines and ginger ale, so its going to be a rough road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, really, hasn't every girl felt a little happy after weight drops from a stomach bug?

    I confess--I have ;)

    Hope you're feeling better AND that you're doing well and on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought i was coming down with it but managed to miss it. Or maybe its just because i take my homemade cold medicine when ever i start to feel sick .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're doing well. Would love to have an update!

    ReplyDelete