5/15/07

The Alcohol Affect


Alcohol certainly does a little number on my life when consuming more than one serving. And when I say a little number don't mean the Cha-Cha, the Salsa, or Electric Slide. (Although that would be fun huh?) I am seeing more and more how Alcohol is bad for the good life style changes I am trying to implement. I think half the reason I have been doing so badly as of late, especially last week is I have been drinking too much Alcohol. I don't mean I have a drinking problem or that I am a alcoholic. I just feel my good intentions are hindered dramatically by drinking. Let's take a look at this vicious cycle.

1) I am with friends and family celebrating and am not feeling so comfy in my own skin, I have a drink to loosen up.
2) I am starting to feel good, I have another drink.
3) I am wittier, cuter, and more relaxed. I have another drink.
4) All this drinking has given me the munchies, I snack and drink and snack and drink.
5) Even though I told myself I would only eat a little and they would be healthy snacks, I threw caution to the wind and ate what I wanted.
6) I wake up the next morning, sleep deprived, dehydrated, feeling fat and bloated and bad about myself.
7) I can't possibly exercise since I am feeling so crappy so I lay around all day.
8) I am with friends and family that night and am so drained from the drinking, so I put back a few to feel more perky and fun....and so the cycle continued.

I am not saying it is always like this and truly I usually only drink 1-2 times per month unless we are doing some big time celebrating like at Stacy's wedding which happened to be a week long event including pre wedding party's, BBQ's, Beach Days, rehearsal dinner, and the whole nine. I am just thinking I really need to limit the alcohol I consume especially in these beginning stages of weight loss and life style changes. I get thrown off track to easily by other things I do not need to push myself even further on to the wrong path by drinking. Not to mention all the extra calories and sugar. I am going to give it up for the next few months, no matter what the occasion is, I will have a fun DRY celebration.

4 comments:

  1. I see where you are coming from with the alcohol. I am only a social drinker, but I find I have no control when I drink. I recently had or 5 glasses of red wine, and at the time, I was studying the WW plan and noticed that the big glasses I was having were chocca block full of calories!! I may as well have been eating cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog in a link from someone else's blog. I just wanted to say that you are doing a great job and seem to have an awesome attitude about weight loss! I like your style of writing so I have added this blog to my favorites so I can keep up to date on your progress.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll me thinking about you tomorrow (Monday, your weigh in right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya - I found a link awhile ago that usually terrifies me into curtailing my drinking when I start going past a couple of drinks a couple of nights a week.

    I thought you might find it motivating, so I linked it below.

    I found your blog through Elastic Waist and I'm very glad I did. Best wishes to you!

    ~ Salma

    http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/alcohol.htm

    ReplyDelete