2/24/10

Give me a shake!

So far this has been a successful week. However until I can get through the weekend I am not going to be jumping up and down. I changed things up this week to try and get in a good routine. Instead of breakfast and lunch I have been having protein shakes. I committed to this for only a week because I have gone the shake route in the past and it gets very boring pretty fast but for some reason it does always jump start my weight loss. I alternate between Shaklee Cinch Shake and Jay Robb Whey Protein. Both are very palatable as far as shakes are concerned. I only enjoy the chocolate flavor. They are both very natural, have no artificial sweeteners and use the best ingredients. I think after my week is over I may only drink a shake for breakfast. Considering I really love to sleep in, it has kept me on track. I used to eat veggie omelets for breakfast a lot but don’t always have the time to cook them in the morning. Besides a protein shake or an omelet I can not think of a lot of great breakfast choices. Most of them are too carby. This has been my daily plan this week:

Breakfast: Shake
AM Snack: Fruit
Lunch: Shake
PM Snack: Raw Veggies and Hummus
Dinner:
M: Veggie Stir Fry and 1 cup Brown Rice
Tu: Veggie Soup and Salad
W: Low Carb Veggie Quesadilla
Th: Veggie Omelet
F: Three Bean Chili and Salad

Because I was getting ample protein in my two shakes I kept my dinners vegetarian. My favorite of week was the low carb veggie quesadilla. So good and easy! I bought low carb wraps, sautéed some of my favorite veggies and grilled it in my quesadilla maker with a little cheddar cheese. Topped with avocado and fresh salsa, I think this will make it into the weekly rotation!

3 comments:

  1. Come to think of it, I have some protein shakes mixes at my apartment. How have I only just remembered those now as a breakfast option?! Thanks, that just made my life easier!

    I'm glad things are going better for you, keep updating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For breakfast, you can try some plain yogurt, a drizzle of honey and berries. I'm a big fan of yogurt and fruit for breakfast. I also enjoy a small serving of steel cut oats (cooked overnight in our crockpot) with berries or peaches or even a little peanut butter. I sometimes stir in 1/4 cup of brown sugar in an entire pot so it has just the barest hint of sweetness. You can pair your oatmeal with an egg or some canadian bacon or yogurt. (LOL. Can you tell I enjoy yogurt?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget about the shake option for breakfast. It would be very quick. Sounds like you are off to a good start!! :)

    ReplyDelete