2/22/10

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back.

Sorry its been weeks since an update. I need to get back in the groove of writing. When I first thought about what has happened in the last 3 weeks my first response was: nothing. However that is not true. I have formed positive new habits. I am up to 25 minutes of exercise a day. On Saturdays I have been doing hour long bike rides. The weather has been so lovely that being outside has been so uplifting. I am back to cooking 75% of all my meals. I feel so much better. Having a plan has been so nice too. I am not stressing out at 5pm wondering what I am going to do about dinner. So why haven't I lost any weight?

Its amazing how I can be perfect M-F but mess up every single weekend. I could sit here and list you all the reasons weekends are so hard. Tell you about all the parties I have had and all the food related events I could not say no to. But the truth is they are all excuses. I could have dominated the weekends if I had more self control. I am filled with regret as I face the last week of the month and realize I wasted more time. However I woke up this morning even more determined than ever. If I can just get through one weekend!!! By next Monday I hope to be reporting my first loss. No, I WILL be reporting my first loss.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck to you. Im trying to get back on track after losing 40lbs last fall. I have gained back 10 now I need to get my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you're working on that, please don't forget to look at the big picture - you've done so much already: the exercise, the cooking! I find that amazing. Just don't discount that, ok? You will do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having some of the same issues. I have been struggling to lose 10 lbs over 5 months now! That's just not right! But it looks like you are making progress in other areas, even if it isn't showing on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!

    I also was diagnosed with PCOS. I didn't have as much weight to lose as you do, but I did lose weight and was able to get pregnant.

    My little girl is now almost 2, and we are trying for our 2nd child.

    It is possible if you want it bad enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm at work so not a lot of time but I wanted to say how impressed I am that you're up to 25 minutes a daywith exercise. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete