8/24/07

Let me at the accessories!

My closet is packed with shoes. I have purses galore. I live for jewelry. Sun glasses? I have four pairs. Why? Well, when was the last time you tried on your purse and it was too tight. Have you ever gone to buy jewelry and discovered they don't make it in your size? Have your sunglasses ever made you look fat? Have you ever had to take off your shoes because you ate too much? I didn't think so. I am a woman in love with accessories. I can dress up my fat pants. I look past the fact that so many big girl clothes aren't cute. I guess I am trying to make up for it all with the added touches. The right earrings, the greatest bag, the hottest sunglasses...I can have those, even if I can never fit into designer clothes and the latest fashions never come in XXL. So, until the label on my jeans says 14 or below, I guess I will keep amassing the accessories...let me at them!

4 comments:

  1. I have more shoes, purses, and pairs of earrings than I can count. Pairs of jeans that fit right now? Zero...zip...zilch.

    I sure do know where you're coming from with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate! I used to have a shoe fetish, but even these betray me now! On to the Sunnies and Bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure have lot's of bags, jewelery and shoes BUT you don't have to be a size 14 or under to dress nice. I went from a size 28 down to a size 20 (in tops I can fit an XL at Old Navy and GAP) and my whole world has changed. I am still around 270 pounds but I can fit into really cute clothes, I feel much healthier, I don't need air plane belt extenders and I can fit in chairs . I am telling you gals, just keep going - you are not far from changing your life completely. That for me was really worth it. I am still trying to lose weight and it's getting more difficult now but as long as I don't gain it back that's not so bad. When I was a size 28 I always thought I have to be near skinny to be able to do all the things I am doing now but that's not even true.
    So keep on going. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete