2/25/07

I don't know what I'm doing.

Contrary to what you might think I have no idea what I am doing. A lot of people may think you need to have everything all figured out before you start making life style changes to lose weight but this simply isn't the case. Everyone is so different and weight loss is so complicated. It involves physical, emotional, and spiritual changes. My journey so far as been all trail and error. The difference between now and other attempts that I have made is that no matter what happens I am not giving up. There will be snags and slip ups but nothing to pull of the road to getting healthy and losing weight. Some things I have tried are working and a lot of things have not. I cut out the things I do not find helpful and cultivate and mold the things that do work into my every day life. Anytime you are trying to make positive changes in your life you will make mistakes. Don't let these mistakes turn into you making the ultimate mistake of quitting. Every time I trip up and fall during this process is helping me learn more about myself and making me stronger and more successful in the long run.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison-

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%! I've been at my life style change a bit longer than you and I still am making mistakes although they are getting fewer and fewer. It's also getting easier for the right things to come naturally!

    It really takes the pressure off when you know you can try something and if it doesn't work you can stop without giving up totally. Our mistakes are no longer then end, they're just a fork in the road!

    ReplyDelete