2/6/07

Resilience

The body is so amazing to me. I have now been exercising for only 28 days (the first 2 weeks of my new lifestyle I just changed my eating not my exercise habits.) and my body is already changing so much. Its so unbelievable how resilient my body is. After not exercising on a regular basis for over 4 years, I am back into it and feeling great. I must admit the first week was very brutal. I thought I was going to die after the first 30 mins. Then the next week 30 mins was easier and I increased to 45 mins. Then the next week I went for 60 mins and everyday that 60 mins gets better and easier. Of course I want to keep pushing myself to new levels of resistance and intensity so I can't keep my body progressing toward the goal. My body already feels a bit tighter. I feel stronger. My energy levels have changed dramatically. You always hear people say those things but I guess I didn't really believe it could have to me. The first 2 weeks were the worst and I think that is why a lot of people get discouraged and quit before they get to the good parts. Going to the gym feels almost like a habit now, a habit I hope I can keep for life. It makes me feel more alive, and what is the point of living if I am not living to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment