2/4/07

My Plan

So, a little about the plan I have been following. I have truly been on almost every diet plan you can think of. I have been on weight watchers, jenny craig, low-carb, south beach, cabbage soup, maker's diet, ect. ect. ect. All of those plans definitely have the potential to work. I am not going to sit here and tell you that the diets didn't work. I know they work for many people, however they were not for me. Most of them were about restricting one thing or another, or had plans I just couldn't follow. This go around I care just as much about getting healthy as I do with losing weight. I am following the Cinch plan. It was designed by the health and wellness company Shaklee. (I have been buying my vitamins through them for years.) They are a company I trust and I know really cares about the quality of their products. The Cinch plan is very balanced, a lot of research has gone into it, and best of all it requires no thought. There is no weighing, or counting calories. I was pretty down on this plan at first because you do drink two protein shakes a day for breakfast a lunch and then eat a healthy dinner. (Menu's are provided but I do my own thing for dinner.) They also provide you with a snack bar, a multi vitamin specifically for weight loss, and a green tea blend. I have never been a big fan for plans were you drank you meals but I decided to give it a shot. With all the fresh fruits, veggies, and nutrient and protein packed shakes in this plan I knew that it was at least going to help with my healthy goals if not my weight loss goals. My first week into the diet I was pleasantly surprised. Every week day it was a struggle to have the time, creativity and energy to make good breakfast's and pack good lunches as I rush out the door for work. The shake's have really help me stay healthy and not miss meals and they taste good too. My favorite is the cafe latte but I also enjoy the chocolate. (it comes in vanilla too but I am not a plain vanilla fan) I was never hungry and they really did satisfy me. So here is what a typical day is like for me:

8amBreakfast: Cinch Shake
11am AM Snack: Cinch Bar & Fruit
2pm Lunch: Cinch Shake
4pm PM Snack: Veggies & Low Fat Cheese or Cottage Cheese
6pm 2nd PM Snack: Fruit or Whole grain Bread with Peanut Butter
8pm Dinner: Fish or Chicken with Veggies or Salad and brown rice or sweet potato.

You may think dinner sounds a bit late but that is only because I work out at night. I have been working out every night after work, from 7:00pm-8:00pm. I have been doing 60 mins on the elliptical machine at the gym. It helps me to go to a gym because once I am there, nothing can distract me from getting the job done. I usually tune into my ipod or the Gym TV and an hour rolls by easily. I know I need to add weights to this routine as well but I am just not ready yet. My husband keeps encouraging me but I will probably start with them in March. Oh, and I log everything I eat at this FREE site called http://www.fitday.com/. It helps me see how many calories I am eating and where they are coming from. I am trying to stay around 1800 calories per day. So that is my exercise and eating plan. I just thought I should lay it out there for you. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Your husband is right with the weights. You don't have to lift huge 100 pounds weight multiple times to benifit from weight training.

    I started out with little 3 and 5 pound weights for the first 4 or 5 months until I joined the gym. I just did very bacis exercises that I learned in junior high gym class.

    Building muscle will make your body burn more fat while you're resting so the quicker you begin, the better off you'll be!

    ReplyDelete